MILD HOME aims at defining the design and triggering the construction of a new typology of civil building called MILD HOME, which combines high energy performances and affordable operative costs for low-middle income people (young couples/families).
In this way the project boosts the sustainable development of such way of living, proving that is possible to create the synergies for the realization of Eco Green Villages (based on MILD HOMEs) in South-East Europe countries.
This will be possible thanks to the following steps:
- defining the MILD HOME concept (on the basis of Common frame of Performance Characteristics) according to specific needs and trends of 8 areas located in the countries involved in the project,
- designing 8 pilot projects of Eco Green Villages thanks to 8 competitions of ideas, where best proposals by architects, engineers, technical experts and local suppliers will be collected and examined;
- creating local supply-chains in the building sector, thanks to the cooperation with involved Municipalities, construction & real estate and manufacturers sectors;
- fine-tuning 4 demonstrative projects of Eco Green Villages based on MILD HOMEs;
- starting at least 2 of these 4 projects in 2 municipalities (partners of the project).